Each of the following questions has a paragraph from which the last sentence has been deleted. From the given options, choose the one that completes the paragraph in the most appropriate way.
Age has a curvilinear relationship with the exploitation of opportunity. Initially, age will increase the likelihood that a person will exploit an entrepreneurial opportunity because people gather much of the knowledge necessary to exploit opportunities over the course of their lives, and because age provides credibility in transmitting that information to others. However, as people become older, their willingness to bear risks declines, their opportunity costs rise, and they become less receptive to new information________.
(1) As a result, people transmit more information rather than experiment with new ideas asthey reach anadvanced age.
(2) As a result, people are reluctant to experiment with new ideas as they reach an advanced age.
(3) As a result, only people with lower opportunity costs exploit opportunity when they reach anadvanced age.
(4) As a result, people become reluctant to exploit entrepreneurial opportunities when they reach anadvanced age.
(5) As a result, people depend on credibility rather than on novelty as they reach an advanced age.